Motherhood is a full-time job without an off. Therefore, it is easy to overlook activities like exercising because such seem optional. Nonetheless, to continue tending to your family, you need to remain healthy and workouts play a major role in that. The best thing is that you do not need to go to the gym if you do not have time for that. This is because you can exercise right in your living. Additionally, all you need is 20-30 minutes for a complete calorie burning and heart pumping workout. At home Use house items like the laundry basket, water bottles, and towels to workout.
You can do the following exercises using a towel
- Lower body: 20 reps of jump lunge (10 per leg);
- Core: 15 reps of towel pikes;
- Upper body: 10 reps of clap push-up/push up;
- Lower body: 15 reps of towel hamstring curls.
At the gym
Start working out immediately you arrive there. Here are four exercises that you can take part in using dumbbells, barbell, slider, TRX or a towel. Thirty minutes are enough.
- Lower body: 12 reps of single leg dumbbell deadlifts (6 per leg);
- Core: 12 reps of push-up and knee tuck (use towel, TRX or slider);
- Upper body: 12 reps of dumbbell squats and press;
- Lower body: 12 reps of barbell thrusters Treat these workouts like a circuit.
After completing the four of them, start all over again. Beginners can do two rounds while experienced individuals can exercise for up to five rounds. It is important to time yourself in order to track progress.
These workouts exercises form your whole body in the following ways:
This exercise works on your hips, spine, stomach muscles and your legs.
Dumbbell squat and press
With this exercise, you work on your hips, spine, legs, shoulders, neck, and chest.
Push up and clap push-up
The push-up and clap push up exercises work on your glutes, hips, and abs. The latter is a little complex, therefore, you can start with the former.
Push up and knee tuck
With this workout, you exercise the abs, the spine, the feet and neck muscles.
Single leg dumbbell deadlifts
This is a workout that works on your legs, thighs, glutes, spine, and neck muscles.